Every Season is a Reason to Celebrate, that’s Hood River’s motto! Providence Dethman House is located in the heart of the city, surrounded by the city’s natural beauty.
Getting around town is easy thanks to the Columbia Area Transit (CAT). CAT provides dial-a-ride, door-to-door service to the Hood River County communities. You can also take advantage of CATs fixed-route weekday service several times a day along Interstate 84 from Hood River to The Dalles and back to Hood River. Pick-ups are located throughout town, including outside Hood River Memorial Hospital which is right next door to Providence Dethman House. And, if you need to travel further, CAT connects to Greyhound for trip to The Dalles, Cascade Locks, Portland and points east.
Living at Providence Dethman House means you’ll have easy access to grocery stores and key services. Safeway and Rosauers grocery stores are just one mile away, and Farm Stand in the Gorge, a natural food market, is ½ a mile away. For your health and wellness needs, Hood River Memorial Hospital is next door and there are several medical offices and clinics nearby. We are also close to several national pharmacy chains including a Rite Aid and Walgreens.
Restaurants, coffee shops, banks, a movie theater, places of worship and a post office are all in close proximity.
Additional attractions and points of interest include:
- Downtown Hood River: There are plenty of great shopping and dining options downtown
- Hood River Event Site: Here you will find parks, bike paths, windsurfing, kite boarding and dining
- Hood River County Fruit Loop: Featuring wineries, brewers, orchards, alpaca farms and seasonal farm stands
- History Museum
- Columbia Arts Center
- Senior Center
- Hood River County Library
- Mt. Hood Meadows and Historic Timberline Lodge
- The beautiful Hood and Columbia Rivers